TetraScience is a cloud-based, data integration company that provides the scientific community with centralized, standardized and actionable scientific data to fuel innovation, facilitate collaboration, and accelerate discovery. The TetraScience Data Integration Platform automatically integrates, normalizes, and validates data from heterogeneous sources, thereby creating a centralized set of scientific data from which scientists can draw conclusions, gather insights, and take actions. These data sources range from scientific instruments, software systems and contract researching / manufacturing organizations.
TetraScience is looking for a Solution Engineer who shares our interest in facilitating scientific advancement. You will work closely with customers, Solution Architects, and the core Product/Engineering team to provide solutions that address customers' data integration needs, and you will onboard and train customers on each implementation.
How you’ll contribute:
- Develop and implement client-specific data extractions, file parsing, input validation, and system integrations.
- Develop and implement the tooling around data extraction, transformation and validation.
- Work closely with Solution Architecture to build appropriate solutions based on client-specific business and technical requirements.
- Work closely with Core Product and Engineering to determine which portions of a project are core vs configuration, and to leverage the core platform where possible.
- Participate in weekly project meetings during the deployment stage.
- Work with Dev Ops to move projects into production.
Your Background & Achievements
- 1-3 years of software development experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in computer science, life sciences, or related area
- Experience developing applications in a Linux environment
- Experience working with databases such as Postgres, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Proficiency in a major programming language such as Node.JS, Python, Java or equivalent
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with the ability to produce clear documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Aptitude for maintaining work quality while under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure while also being pro-active about taking on new challenges
Nice to have:
- Experience with Tibco Spotfire
- Experience working in life science informatics/IT
- Consulting and/or professional services experience
- Experience with R, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, ELB, EMR, SQS, R53, Lambda, VPC), Docker
- Experience parsing various file formats (Excel, CSV, txt and PDF)
- Experience working with major ELN/LIMS systems
- Competitive salary and equity and in a fast growing company
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Generous PTO
- Generous Parental Leave (maternity, paternity) Policy
- Catered team lunch every Wednesday and a variety of free snacks
- Convenient location in Downtown Crossing area; close to the T and South Station
- Open office environment for maximum collaboration