TetraScience is a Boston-based cloud software company and rapidly growing startup that is applying the Internet of Things (IoT) playbook to lab research. We build both hardware and software components that allow research organizations to connect their existing lab instruments to a single online dashboard where they can coordinate experiments, monitor equipment parameters, and manage experimental data. With the insights and extra control provided by TetraScience, research organizations can more intelligently plan for future research cycles thereby alleviating equipment and process bottlenecks. In short, our goal at TetraScience is to use IoT to reduce the cost of doing science and while simultaneously increasing researcher efficiency overall.
Because our goal at TetraScience is to effect industry-wide change, we have intentionally built a team of passionately curious members of diverse backgrounds who support science and value scientific advancement. As a result, our team is an excellent counter-example to the claim made by Jeffery Hammerbacher the founder of Cloudera when he said “The best minds of [our] generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” In a time when aspects of common consumer technology has created problems like filter bubbles and fake news, TetraScience empowers researchers to seek truth from fact.
We are looking for a rock star solution engineer to join the team who love to build, who share our interest in facilitating scientific advancement, and who wants to be an early and significant contributor to such an ambitious and impactful venture. This role will have a lot of hands on responsibilities and you in the driver seat of shaping the lab digitization and how the life science industry evolves in terms of leveraging Internet-of-Things and Cloud!
As a member of the Client Solution Engineering team you will work under the guidance of our Solutions Architects to lead the engineering effort required to integrate our client's instrument and software system, and ultimately take them live with our suite of product offerings. This is a fast-paced role that sits in the intersection of engineering and business that requires a passion and desire for developing both hard and soft skills. As a client-facing technical role, you will need to interface with our customers, understand their need and provide solution to solve their pain points. In addition to taking clients live you will be responsible for the enhancement of the current client onboarding infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to developing internal applications, writing scripts to automate processes, making improvements to DevOps tooling, and refactoring existing applications/tools used in the client onboarding process.
You will be responsible for
- Develop and implement client-specific data extraction, file parsing, input validation and system integration.
- Participate during the discovery process for new clients to understand their informatics infrastructure and data flow need.
- Work closely with Solutions Architects to understand client specific business requirements and build appropriate solutions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the core platform and integrations.
- Support client on boarding process, including training and set up.
- Support client after go-live.
- Travel to client sites with the implementation team to develop and foster strong stakeholder relationships.
- Identify technology and process gaps in the onboarding process and build internal.
- Applications/tools to streamline client go-lives.
- 3+ years of software engineering / professional software development
- Experience developing applications in a *nix environment
- Experience working with databases such as Postgres, Elasticsearch and etc.
- Proficiency in a major programming language (Node.JS/Python or equivalent)
- Capacity and willingness to work collaboratively with other developers
- Ability to identify, analyze, discuss, and confirm application / system requirements from customers and relevant stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to produce clear documentation to be understood internally and with clients
- Aptitude for maintaining work quality while under deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- A self-starter with a GSD attitude
Nice to have:
- Experience working in life science informatics/IT
- Consulting and/or professional services experience
- Experience with the following: Postgres, R, Python, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, ELB, EMR, SQS, R53, Lambda, VPC), Elasticsearch, Docker
- Experience working with major ELN/LIMS system
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- A computer science degree or equivalent
- Experience working in a compliant environment
- Red Line, Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (design meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly technology/science talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies, software concepts and trend in life science with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: team members at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Catered team dinner every Wednesday
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company