TetraScience is a Boston-based cloud software company and rapidly growing startup that is applying the Internet of Things (IoT) playbook to lab research. We build both hardware and software components that allow research organizations to connect their existing lab instruments to a single online dashboard where they can coordinate experiments, monitor equipment parameters, and manage experimental data. With the insights and extra control provided by TetraScience, research organizations can more intelligently plan for future research cycles thereby alleviating equipment and process bottlenecks. In short, our goal at TetraScience is to use IoT to reduce the cost of doing science and while simultaneously increasing researcher efficiency overall.
Because our goal at TetraScience is to effect industry-wide change, we have intentionally built a team of passionately curious members of diverse backgrounds who support science and value scientific advancement. As a result, our team is an excellent counter-example to the claim made by Jeffery Hammerbacher the founder of Cloudera when he said “The best minds of [our] generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” In a time when aspects of common consumer technology has created problems like filter bubbles and fake news, TetraScience empowers researchers to seek truth from fact.
We looking for some experienced scientists in the pharmaceutical, biotech, life science industry, who love to build, who share our interest in facilitating scientific advancement, and who wants to be an early and significant contributor to such an ambitious and impactful venture.
As a TetraScience solution scientist, you will be leveraging your biology, chemistry, pharmaceutical experience to help the life sciences industry to collect data more efficiently, integrate the data with via cloud software and orchestrate the data flow among different systems within life science industry.
You will work with the solution architects and sales team to understand the customer’s scientific workflow, data flow and integration requirements in the pre-sales process. In the post-sales process, you will continue to work with the solution architect, product manager and tech lead to map out customer’s need into project plans and deliverables for the software engineering team and professional service team.
You will be responsible of creating data schema for data acquired from scientific instruments or parsed from raw data files. In various situations, you will find yourself needed to understand and improve customer’s current data processing scripts written in R/Python.
You will also serve as the internal Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all questions related to scientific workflow, scientific software and everything science related.
This is a great opportunity for you to build upon your science background and get involved in cloud software development and agile product/project management.
- 3+ years experience working in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry
- 3+ years experience using wide variety of scientific instruments / software such as
- chromatography system
- plate reader
- mass balance
- Empower, Chemstation, Chromeleon
- Familiar with pharmaceutical, biotech operation
- Strong in modeling physical world in abstract logics / models
- Bachelor degree in Biology, chemistry or physics
- Process oriented
- Ability to break large (often not so well defined) projects into smaller scope and demonstrate incremental progress
- Strong communication skill for explaining scientific workflow / data model to customer and other team members
Nice to have:
- Computer science background
- experience with git and github
- experience with basic data structure
- experience with R
- experience with IDE (webstorm and etc)
- experience with RDF graph, triples and ontology
- Experience working with agile software product/engineering team
- Red Line, Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly engineering/product talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies or software concepts with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: your team mates at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Catered team dinner every Wednesday
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company