Senior Software Engineer
TetraScience is a cloud-based, data integration company that provides the scientific community with centralized, standardized and actionable scientific data to fuel innovation, facilitate collaboration, and accelerate discovery.
The TetraScience Data Integration Platform automatically integrates, normalizes, and validates data from heterogeneous sources, thereby creating a centralized set of scientific data from which scientists can draw conclusions, gather insights, and take actions.
TetraScience is currently seeking a Software Developer to join a highly collaborative agile team in a fast-paced, energetic environment. You will be part of a team that is passionate about building applications that have a positive impact on science and humanity.
How you’ll contribute:
- Create microservices, and RESTful APIs as part of TetraScience’s SaaS: Data Integration Platform deployed on AWS
- Develop code to extract and transform scientific data from files, instrument control software and IoT sensors
- Drive the development of our data collection strategy in a way that securely transfers data from scientific labs to our hosted platform
- Build the next generation of our Data Lake: TetraScience’s central repository of scientific files, which provides a flexible, unified search and data discovery using Elasticsearch, AWS S3 and AWS Athena/Presto
- Work closely with DevOps to ensure your code gets deployed (Cloudformation / ECS) and monitored appropriately (DataDog) in production
- Participate in code reviews, design discussions, write unit and integration tests, and adhere to the agile process
- 5+ years of experience developing and launching products in a Cloud and/or Enterprise environment.
- Proficient with modern web technologies / frameworks (Node.JS/Python and React)
- Proficient with PostgreSQL and No-SQL Data stores
- Experience with Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) and Microservices.
- Have some DevOps experience in deployment, QA, security, and AWS.
- Fast and efficient learner and worker
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table.
- Strong communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Expert in Node.JS and/or React
- ElasticSearch experience
- Prior experience in a scientific/laboratory setting
- Docker/Container expertise.
- Informatics experience
- D3/Charting experience
- Experience working with ETL products, data warehouses and data lakes
- Competitive salary and equity and in a fast growing company
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Parental Leave (maternity, paternity) Policy
- Catered team lunch every Wednesday and a variety of free snacks
- Convenient location in Downtown Crossing area; close to the T and South Station
- Open office environment for maximum collaboration