Senior Software Engineer
TetraScience is a rapidly growing company that is on a mission to reinvent the way scientific research is done. We’re a Boston, MA-based SaaS company that bridges software, hardware, and innovation. Our #1 priority is to attract the best talent to work with us in this endeavor.
We’re looking for Senior Software Engineers to architect and develop our IoT platform for aggregating and analyzing data streams from sensors, and perform real time control on the connected instruments. You will be working on our entire fleet of products, including lab monitoring, instrument utilization, instrument control/automation and instrument data aggregation.
- You will architect and build the core IoT platform that communicates with thousands of scientific instruments.
- You will architect and build a robust / scalable data pipeline that can support millions of data streams from the scientific instrumentations.
- You will architect and build a flexible authorization service.
- You will have the chance to lead a team of engineers, be innovative and creative, and your work will help empower the next generation of scientific discoveries.
- 4+ years of experience developing and launching products in a Cloud and/or Enterprise environment.
- Proficient with modern web technologies/frameworks (think Node.JS/Ruby/Python and Angular/React).
- Proficient with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) and MicroServices.
- Have some DevOps experience in deployment, QA, security, and AWS.
- Fast and efficient learner and worker.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table.
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Expert with MEAN stack: (MongoDB, Express, Angular.JS, Node.JS).
- Prior experience in a scientific/laboratory setting.
- Docker/Container expertise.
- Delivered Internet-of-Things or network related product.
- Easy to access, since we are literally 2 minutes away from the Exit 20 (Cambridge/Allston) of Highway I-90 West and nexst to Harvard Business School.
- 15min walk from Harvard T-Stop.
- Right in the middle of the Harvard entrepreneurship ecosystem, we are located at Harvard Launch Lab (across the street from Harvard Business School) and you will have access to a variety of speeches and activity throughout the year.
- TetraScience hosts two meetups at Bosto: Lab of the Future and Boston IoT Technology.
- Active participant of local IoT / Cloud Technology and Startup community.