Senior Software Engineer
TetraScience is a growing SaaS startup located in the heart of Boston. Our mission is to help drive the next generation of medicines through the power of data.
We are building a data platform for the life sciences, allowing R&D labs to integrate instruments and disparate systems to automate the collection and analysis of scientific and operational data. We work with more than 80 customers including 12 of the top 20 global pharma companies and some of the most innovative biotechnology companies in the world.
Our team is comprised of diverse and passionately curious individuals who appreciate science, a culture of learning, and a spirited yet supportive environment.
We looking for some Senior Software Engineers to join the team who love to build, who share our interest in facilitating scientific advancement, and who wants to be an early and significant contributor to such an ambitious and impactful venture.
- 5+ years of experience developing and launching products in a Cloud and/or Enterprise environment.
- Proficient with modern web technologies/frameworks (think Node.JS/Ruby/Python and Angular/React)
- Proficient with PostgreSQL and No-SQL Data stores
- Experience with Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) and MicroServices.
- Have some DevOps experience in deployment, QA, security, and AWS.
- Fast and efficient learner and worker
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and bring ideas to the table.
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Expert in Node.JS and/or React
- ElasticSearch experience
- Prior experience in a scientific/laboratory setting
- Docker/Container expertise.
- Informatics experience
- Red Line, Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (design meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly engineering talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies or software concepts with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: Engineers at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Catered team dinner every Wednesday
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company