Principal Accounting Manager/Controller
TetraScience is currently looking for a Principal Accounting Manager/Controller to join our fast-growing company. You must be analytically inclined and data-driven to develop strategies and processes to manage the complexity of a fast-growing software business. You should also enjoy problem solving, have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive, and have the desire to constantly exceed expectations.
TetraScience is on a mission to bring key elements of the research and scientific process into the digital age via our proprietary, SaaS-based product suite. If you’re excited about a fast-paced environment that requires constant learning, flexibility, and tangible impact, all while working on one of the world’s greatest problems, this is the role for you.
How You Will Contribute
- Deliver accurate and timely financial reporting and accounting information
- Oversee cash management, cost control, and risk management
- Verify and post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records, and prepare supporting account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reports
- Lead the annual audit process and quarterly and annual budgeting process
- Administer all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep the Leadership Team informed of the organization’s ongoing financial status
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting and have oversight over all bank accounts and investment vehicles to maintain adequate working capital and return
- Provide financial information to meet the needs of managers, including customized financial reports, costing templates, trend analysis, etc.
- Work collaboratively with payroll vendor to prepare and input payroll, including distribution and reporting processes; calculation of wages, overtime and deductions; and the maintenance of on-site employee records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Oversee the contract billing and collection schedule
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, local and any other financial, tax reporting and regulatory requirement
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system
- Provide consistent rolling forecasts and forward visibility on key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Provide support to Human Resources and Operations
- Work closely with the COO and CEO to communicate capital management to the Board and shareholders while also contributing to any new capital formation efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 5-7 years in financial administration with progressive growth in responsibility.
- Prior responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, preferably in a SaaS company.
- Solid understanding of SaaS revenue recognition.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to and effectively collaborate with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing accounting software installations and managing relationships with accounting software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting and successfully executing on priorities.
- Ability to multi-task and have an impact on many parts of the organization.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills that support and enable decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, professionalism, a commitment to lead by example.
- Competitive salary and equity and in a fast growing company
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy
- Generous Parental Leave (maternity, paternity) Policy
- Catered team lunch every Wednesday and a variety of free snacks
- Convenient location in Downtown Crossing area; close to the T and South Station
- Open office environment for maximum collaboration