Lead Backend Engineer
TetraScience is a rapidly growing company that is on a mission to reinvent the way scientific research is done. We’re a Boston, MA-based SaaS company that bridges software, hardware, and innovation. Our #1 priority is to attract the best talent to work with us in this endeavor and we’re looking for another Lead Backend Engineer to join the team. You’ll be responsible for leading our backend infrastructure initiatives to help grow and scale our IOT Platform.
- You will architect and build the core IoT platform that communicates with thousands of scientific instruments.
- You will architect and build a robust / scalable data pipeline and event-based infrastructure that can support millions of data streams from the scientific instrumentations.
- You will lead a team of engineers, be innovative and creative, and your work will help empower the next generation of scientific discoveries.
- You will be in charge of making sure teams meet deliverables with high levels of quality.
- 7+ years of experience developing and launching products in a Cloud and/or Enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience in a lead or managing role and ability to mentor junior team members.
- Proficient with modern web technologies/frameworks (think - Node.JS/Ruby/Python and Angular/React).
- Strong communication skills and process-oriented mindset.
- Proficient with PostgreSQL.
- Experience in an event-driven/CQRS and messaging architecture (Such as Apache Kafka/AWS Kinesis and RabbitMQ).
- Experience with Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) and MicroServices.
- Have some DevOps experience in deployment, QA, security, and AWS.
- Experience working in a startup.
Nice to haves:
- Expert in Node.JS
- Developed and managed software in both a multi and single tenant system.
- Experience in a regulated environment such as HIPAA, PCI, GXP, etc.
- Prior experience in a scientific/laboratory setting.
- Delivered Internet-of-Things or network related product.