Full Stack Engineer
TetraScience is a Boston-based SaaS company and rapidly growing startup that is applying the Internet of Things (IoT) playbook to lab research. We build both hardware and software components that allow research organizations to connect their existing lab instruments to a single online dashboard where they can coordinate experiments, monitor equipment parameters, and manage experimental data. With the insights and extra control provided by TetraScience, research organizations can more intelligently plan for future research cycles thereby alleviating equipment and process bottlenecks. In short, our goal at TetraScience is to use IoT to reduce the cost of doing science and while simultaneously increasing researcher efficiency overall.
Because our goal at TetraScience is to effect industry-wide change, we have intentionally built a team of passionately curious engineers of diverse backgrounds who support science and value scientific advancement. As a result, our team is an excellent counter-example to the claim made by Jeffery Hammerbacher the founder of Cloudera when he said “The best minds of [our] generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” In a time when aspects of common consumer technology has created problems like filter bubbles and fake news, TetraScience empowers researchers to seek truth from fact.
We looking for a full-stack engineer to join our application team who loves to build, who shares our interest in facilitating scientific advancement, and who wants to be an early and significant contributor to such an ambitious and impactful venture.
- 4+ years of full-stack dev experience
- Proficiency with Node.JS and modern back-end concepts such as web servers, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Ability to work on a fast-moving team, to stay organized while advancing through a sprint with a team, and to articulate thoughtful opinions on engineering designs
- A strong sense of curiosity and a drive to continuously hone your craft
Nice to Have:
- UX/UI design experience
- Prior experience in scientific/laboratory setting
- Experience in building IoT, Web security experience (XSS/CSRF/etc.)
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) and microservices.
- Designed and developed docker/container-based applications and deployed them onto AWS
- Red Line, Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (design meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly engineering talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies or software concepts with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: Engineers at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Catered team dinner every Wednesday
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company