TetraScience is a growing SaaS startup located in the heart of Boston. Our mission is to help drive the next generation of medicines through the power of data.
We are building a data platform for the life sciences, allowing R&D labs to integrate instruments and disparate systems to automate the collection and analysis of scientific and operational data. We work with more than 80 customers including 12 of the top 20 global pharma companies and some of the most innovative biotechnology companies in the world.
Our team is comprised of diverse and passionately curious individuals who appreciate science, a culture of learning, and a spirited yet supportive environment.
We are looking for an individual to take an active role in engineering and implementing a new platform on AWS with the mindset that ‘servers are cattle, not pets’. You should be excited to design and implement a new platform that scales from small on-premise deployments to multi-tenant web-scale.
We are excited to hear from candidates with a traditional (Linux) SysAdmin background as well as those who consider what they do ‘DevOps’. If you are a SysAdmin you should be excited about building a standardized environment where logging directly into servers takes a back seat to configuring and fixing through automation.
- 5+ Years of hands-on AWS experience
- Experience automating infrastructure deployment using Cloud Formation, Terraform or similar tool
- Server management with a modern configuration management tool (OpsWorks, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in building or supporting continuous integration frameworks
- Comfortable in a containerized environment using Rancher, Kubernetes, or AWS ECS
- Great communication skills and process oriented mindset
- Scripting experience in bash, python, ruby, node, etc.
- Experience managing and scaling production databases
- Bachelor's degree
Nice to Have:
- AWS Expert
- Experience working on software stacks deployed in both multi-tenant and single-tenant environments
- Experience managing and scaling any of the following:
- PostgreSQL (or any modern Database)
- Prior experience at a startup
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Family (maternity and paternity) Leave Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Red Line, Orange Line, Blue Line; Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (design meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly engineering talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies or software concepts with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: Engineers at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.