TetraScience is a Boston-based cloud software company and rapidly growing startup that is applying the Internet of Things (IoT) playbook to lab research. We build both hardware and software components that allow research organizations to connect their existing lab instruments to a single online dashboard where they can coordinate experiments, monitor equipment parameters, and manage experimental data. With the insights and extra control provided by TetraScience, research organizations can more intelligently plan for future research cycles thereby alleviating equipment and process bottlenecks. In short, our goal at TetraScience is to use IoT to reduce the cost of doing science and while simultaneously increasing researcher efficiency overall.
Because our goal at TetraScience is to effect industry-wide change, we have intentionally built a team of passionately curious members of diverse backgrounds who support science and value scientific advancement. As a result, our team is an excellent counter-example to the claim made by Jeffery Hammerbacher the founder of Cloudera when he said “The best minds of [our] generation are thinking about how to make people click ads.” In a time when aspects of common consumer technology has created problems like filter bubbles and fake news, TetraScience empowers researchers to seek truth from fact.
We are looking for an experienced solution architect to join the team who love to build, who share our interest in facilitating scientific advancement, and who wants to be an early and significant contributor to such an ambitious and impactful venture. This role will have a lot of hands on responsibilities and you in the driver seat of shaping the lab digitization and how the life science industry evolves in terms of leveraging Internet-of-Things and Cloud!
As a solution architect, you have the opportunity to interact with our highest profile customers to ensure that they are solving their data and digitization related problems using TetraScience.
In the pre-sales stage, you will
- Provide informatics/data strategy workshop to enterprise pharmaceutical company and growth stage biotech companies globally.
- Help the science and Informatics/IT organizations at life science industry to create scalable data integration solutions.
- Collect information and specification around the instruments and systems that TetraScience needs to integrate with.
- Work with the sales team and delivery team to create high quality proposal with clear scope, cloud architectural design and timeline.
In the post-sales (delivery) stage, you will
- Work with the customer success team, engineering team and professional service team to create a detailed project delivery plan and identify key delivery milestones and dependencies.
- Work with the customer success team and sales team to continue identify further opportunities to expand our product usage and how customer can leverage TetraScience solution to solve other pain points.
- Passionate about helping scientist and life science industry to solve data related problems.
- Good listener and strong communicator -- solution architect needs to hear out people's need and pain, truly internalize their problem and then communicate the solution to people with a variety of background in a way they can resonate with.
- Ability to identify simple and scalable solution for complex problem.
- Strong ability to interface with customers and establish credibility.
- Strong understanding of the following domains of technology
- system integration
- cloud infrastructure
- service oriented architecture
- software system integration
- software delivery process
- 5+ years of experience managing, developing and launching technology products in a Cloud and/or Enterprise environment.
Nice to have
- Experience in life science, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, scientific software, scientific instrumentation industry
- Experience in Node.JS, React, R, .NET
- Experience in science (biology, chemistry, physics and etc).
- Red Line, Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (design meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly technology/science talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies, software concepts and trend in life science with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: team members at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Catered team dinner every Wednesday
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company