TetraScience is a growing SaaS startup located in the heart of Boston. Our mission is to help drive the next generation of medicines through the power of data.
We are building a data platform for the life sciences, allowing R&D labs to integrate instruments and disparate systems to automate the collection and analysis of scientific and operational data. We work with more than 80 customers including 12 of the top 20 global pharma companies and some of the most innovative biotechnology companies in the world.
Our team is comprised of diverse and passionately curious individuals who appreciate science, a culture of learning, and a spirited yet supportive environment.
TetraScience is looking for a talented individual to join our DevOps team. You will own the build and release process while helping architect and automate our platform infrastructure deployed on AWS. You should be excited to help design and implement a platform that scales from small on-premise deployments to multi-tenant web-scale. TetraScience is committed to infrastructure automation and you should be too.
All our code is node.js, stored in GitHub, built into containers using Travis, and deployed into AWS ECS. Infrastructure is created using CloudFormation and EC2 instances for high-performance components are managed using OpsWorks. You should be comfortable with these technologies or excited to learn them. TetraScience is committed to having a modular platform where everything is monitored and measured to support rapid deployments and minimal downtime.
- Demonstrated success building or supporting continuous integration frameworks for web applications
- Demonstrated success supporting containerized infrastructure using Docker
- Scripting experience in bash, python, ruby, node, etc.
- Experience automating infrastructure deployment using Cloud Formation, Terraform or similar tool
- Server management with a modern configuration management tool (OpsWorks, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Great communication skills and process oriented mindset
- Bachelor's degree
Nice to Have:
- 5+ Years of hands-on AWS experience
- Experience managing and scaling production databases
- Prior experience at a startup
- Competitive salary and equity and in an extremely fast growing company
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous Family (maternity and paternity) Leave Policy
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Red Line, Orange Line, Blue Line; Boston Commons, and a variety of lunch and happy hour options (design meetings in the park, anyone?)
- A culture of continuous improvement. At TetraScience we have weekly engineering talks whereby you or your colleagues present on new technologies or software concepts with the goal of raising the bar. In addition, we have a weekly brown-bag book club where engineers discuss a few chapters of a book that is related to what we are working on.
- Diverse and supportive colleagues: Engineers at Tetrascience are from a myriad of backgrounds and thus no single stereotype applies. We strive for fairness in hiring and advancement, and promote the success of our employees regardless of whether they identify as a Foo, Bar or Baz or the color scheme of their shell. And we understand that teams are more productive and creative when individuals can work through ideas and give honest feedback while showing respect for differences and maintaining a positive atmosphere.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!